Two students bashed up - Malaysia Crime Infonet

White Eastern

Friday, November 27, 2015

Two students bashed up

IPOH - A SMK Dato Haji Mohd Taib Chemor student had his arm broken while another suffered bruises after allegedly being beaten up by the school security guard and an accomplice following an argument.

Chong Wei Lun, 17, suffered a broken arm while Fong Din Joe, 18, was slapped on his face during the 11.30am incident on Nov 16 after they and five others had completed their SPM papers for the day and had permission to go home early.

Wei Lun said the guard and his accomplice, believed to be his brother, came running after them some 400m after they had exited the school gate.

I was hit on the back by the accomplice with a metal pipe and fell off my motorcycle,” he said, adding that he was also punched in the face.

I tried to parry the attack with my arm. I also managed to grab my motorcycle’s lock and swing it in self-defence, hitting one of them,” he related at a press conference called by Perak MCA Public Services and Complaints Bureau chief Jimmy Loh here yesterday.

Din Joe said the guard slapped him, causing his spectacles to fall to the ground.

I had an earlier argument with the guard when I arrived late in the morning.

He threw a garbage bin at me and scolded me. I reported the matter to a teacher and proceeded to sit for my SPM exam,” he said.

Din Joe also said they had an earlier run-in with the guard, believed to be a 19-year-old, on Nov 5 when he asked for RM10 from each of the students to be allowed out of the school after they had finished their papers early.

We declined and quarrelled with him. A teacher intervened and let us off,” he added.

Din Joe said he lodged a report at the Chemor police station on Nov 20.

I was brought to the Ipoh district police station to have my statement taken while the rest were taken to the Sungai Senam station.”

Foo Si Wei, 17, one of the students taken to Sungai Senam station, claimed that they were remanded for a night at the lock-up.

We were also handcuffed whenever we were brought in and out of the lock-up to give our statements.

We were terrified and just did as we were told,” said Si Wei, adding that they were released on the afternoon of Nov 21.

Loh said the school should investigate the incident and urged the police to explain why the students were handcuffed when they were the victims in the matter.

Attempts to call the school for comments were unsuccessful.

Full article:

Two students bashed up Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, November 27, 2015 Rating: 5 IPOH - A SMK Dato Haji Mohd Taib Chemor student had his arm broken while another suffered bruises after allegedly being beaten up by...

No comments: